Friday, August 7, 2009

Show us Your Life: Wedding Reception and Honeymoon

I'm joining Kelly's Korner this week to show my wedding reception and honeymoon. I could relive this day and week over and over! I LOVED that day!


Here are our Reception Decorations... I just wanted some really fun and elegant flowers...
The left were on the tables indoors, the right top were on our head table... and the bottom right were on our outdoor tables. We had a such a big group of guests that we had a ballroom and pavilion at our venue. We used the ballroom to eat and the pavilion for dancing :)


Mr. & Mrs. Melton!!!

Long story about our rehearsal day and wedding day.

I felt totally fine the whole week (a little "excited" nervous, but not "nervous" nervous) Well, my stomach didn't have a normal appetite Thursday/Friday before the wedding. I felt totally fine, just a little uneasy.

Running errands and finishing up things Friday... fine... At the rehearsal... fine... At the start of the rehearsal dinner... fine... I ate some salad and bread waiting for my entree... and then it hit me and I did NOT feel fine... so, long story short... I got sick - AT the table... so embarrassing!

So, Wedding Day... I felt uneasy the whole day. I think I didn't eat a full-full meal until Tuesday of our Honeymoon (which you'll see shortly) I was SO excited that it was finally here and that I was going to be D's wife... but I just didn't feel good the whole day. So, this is me trying to eat at dinner. I was cold. I did not want to get BBQ sauce on my dress, so, I know... not very "Bride-like", but I put a napkin in my dress like a bib... haha!

Dad is giving his speech and my uncles decided to stand up and "have his back", we were cracking up!
My cake :)
Cutting of the cake - excuse "the girls" :/

Fav pic of D... love that smile :)
Little bride and groom strawberries :) (which we didn't even get to eat :( )
D graduated from TTU :)
MWAH!

**

Now on to the HONEYMOON! :) :)
This is going to be a picture overload, only because I REALLY REALLY loved our honeymoon... I so wish I were there right now - haha!

We finally landed in Mexico after a delay in Dallas... I just wanted to get there!
still not feeling super well... tried to eat my fajitas (which were yummy) but my stomach just didn't want to eat :(

Margarita was yummy though...
AWESOME place to stay... totally recommend it! Riviera Maya, Mexico - Aventura Spa Palace!
MY FAV scenery pic of our whole trip... D has a fav I'll show in a bit :)
Fav dinner pic of us :)
Us on the catamaran getting ready to snorkel...
We also went jet skiing that same day :)

D's fav pic... which I also love... This is at the Tulum Ruins... it's rated one of the top 10 beaches in the world, and I totally agree!
Tulum
these guys were EVERYWHERE!
they eat this red flowers too... too funny :)

see what I mean... there's one above his head too (kind of a little) and then a huge one to the right of him
here I am with the big guy
Here is Tulum's beach... BEAUTIFUL!

SUPER SUPER tired that day... we actually got left at the beach by our tour and had to take a Mexico taxi... I was a little nervous - talk about a fun honeymoon story... haha!

we found our tour bus again. wheew!

They had these yummy coffee drinks they called "Mayan Coffee" we had fun and made coffee mustaches :)

our last day :( playing around with the water camera...
last night's dinner... this is my fav pic of us on our trip!
Last pic at the resort... can you tell we didn't want to leave?

1 comments:

Unknown

Sorry to read about your upset stomach but you would never know it by looking at your photos. You look gorgeous.
My husband has been in my life for 20+ years and I still feel my heart skip a beat when he walks in the door.
I pray that all you ladies have that feel for years to come.
What a beautiful reception ~ the cake and decorations.
Your honeymoon looks like you had a fantastic time!
You both look so happy!