Thursday, October 29, 2009

Survey about me

I've seen these all over the blog-o-sphere and thought I'd give it a shot :) something fun! and to be honest a little blog post "filler" when you're lacking in that area :)

1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while your blogging?

Well to be honest, I do most of my blogging and blog reading at work (shh don't tell), so I'm not really eating much... if anything something from the vending machine... speaking of, I'm hungry and I'm going to get something. Be right back....

ok, I'm back and I got a Snickers (also, shh don't tell)

2. What is one thing you don't want to live without?

Beside the obvious family, friends and of course my husband Derik (what would I do without them, seriously!!) I would have to say fruit, I love fruit, and when it comes down to it... if I had to choose a strawberry over a chocolate cake - oh boy I would be having that strawberry! Better yet, just make it chocolate covered strawberries - yum! I would take a fruit dessert over any other dessert out there! I LOVE fruit pies/cobblers/cheesecake! YUM!

3. Beach, Mountains, or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?

Definitely between beach and mountains. Well I love the beach... and it's where I spent my honeymoon and I loved it. I've also gone skiing. But, I don't know. The Beach might get tiring where as the mountains change with the seasons... so maybe the mountains. Plus, I get to snuggle with my hubby when it's cold :) And who really would want to wear a bathing suit almost all year, NOT me!
4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty?

I absolutely hate folding clothes! I will wash/dry clothes. I'll even wash dishes, clean toilets, mop floors WAY over wanting to fold clothes! I actually talked about this on my facebook page just this day!

5. Who do people say you remind them of?

I have no idea. Derik once told me he thought I looked like Reese Witherspoon. I'll take that :) She's adorable!

6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying home with the fam?

It all depends. I love hanging with friends, but sometimes I like my alone time. I love curling up on the couch and watching a movie with Derik.

7. What's your all time favorite movie?

Why so hard!? There are too many to pick!!! But I just recently saw "The Proposal" and I have never laughed so hard in a movie! loved it!!
8. Do you sleep in your make-up or remove it like a good little girl every night?

I used to be good, before we got married I took Accutane for about 1/2 a year and was very sure to wash my face! I washed my face all the time leading up to the wedding. But, since, I've really kind of let it go. I wash my face when I feel like it and in the shower... I need to get better at that seriously... not good for the face. And I don't want my face to be the way it was!

9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it?

Well, I love anything creative. I love my photography. But, I think it would've been really fun to have studied medicine. Now, I would never have been able to do it... I'd be a bit squeamish with some things. But, I love taking care of people and how amazing would it be to learn about the complicated and intricate body of a human God created.

10. What's one strange thing you're really good at?

I have no idea. I guess I'm really good with creativity (as I said above) but, I really don't know a "strange" thing that I'm good at. Maybe cleaning? Since we've had our own house... I've been really good about cleaning. My dishwasher is never full. I always empty it and reload. So, therefore I don't have dishes laying in my sink all the time. We'll see how that goes in a few months/years :)

11. What first attracted you to your spouse?

I'd have to say his sense of humor and his athleticism. He makes me laugh so much. We get each other. He ran track and did long jump/triple jump for Texas Tech. Go babe!

12. What is something you love to smell?

I love candles. I never could have them in college. Dorm wouldn't allow. I didn't have many in my room at home, because my mom would be afraid I'd forget to blow them out. So, I barely ever lit them. But, now, I practically light a candle everyday! I am in love with Yankee Candle's Macintosh Spice... smells like the holidays :) I need to buy a new one already!!!

13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.

Gosh I don't know. Probably that I'm so detail oriented maybe... It sometimes bothers Derik when I want to get stuff done and he says we can wait some. But remember this post?

14. When you have extra money, what's the first thing you think to do with it?

Well, lately it has been saved. I'm saving up to buy a new camera. But, I really have wanted to go shopping lately! Good thing, because it's time to shop for Christmas soon!
15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?

Depends on how "tickled" I am. Mostly a loud, I don't know, I'll listen next time :)

16. Where is your favorite place to shop?

Target. Banana Republic (Outlet). Ross. DSW (love me some shoes!)

17. What is one thing you would do more often if you had more time?

Relax. Take more bubble baths. Focus more on photography. Take one day at a time.

18. Are you a big spender or frugal?

I'd say frugal. Derik would have to differ. I only spend big after much much thought! I almost ALWAYS buy things on sale too!

19. Who is your favorite character of all time? (from a movie or a book, can't be real)

Gosh another hard one just like my fav movie! I'd have to say Haddassah from the Mark of the Lion Book Series by Francine Rivers. Amazing - I could read that again - thanks Britt!

20. Would you want to be famous?

I think I wouldn't want to be "famous" but I would want to be well-known. Especially in my photography. My goal is to one day go full-time with photography so that when we have kids I can be flexible with what we want to do!