Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just one of THOSE days!

It's just one of THOSE days!

ya know where you feel like everything is going wrong.

OH my gosh, I've had a really stressful day today. To preface, D is still looking for a job, about ONE MONTH to go before the wedding. We still don't know where we're living... it's all stressing me out. I'm believing God is bringing us something great. I've held together, haven't broke down, and I believe that HE will provide... when this happened...

My mom asked to eat lunch with D and I. Which is, normal. But, I had suspicions. We ordered for her and waited. She sat down and said "Well, I have some bad news" She goes on to say that the church, our church, is not going to be ready for our wedding. It has been in the construction phase for a while and was supposed to be ready by the wedding. But, God has different plans.

It's really not the worst thing that could happen... really it's not. I'm still marrying the man I love and it's still going to be a magical day. But, it just not what was envisioned - you know. You only get married once, and I had envisioned the new church. We are still marrying in our church, just in the older building. I just envisioned being in the new building. Thought about everything... the decorations... pictures that would be taken... etc.

Am I being too unreasonable to still want it in the new buliding? Am I being too crazy? They said there is a chance it could be ready - but it is slim. They are hoping it'll be ready for our wedding. The church was originally supposed to be ready Mother's Day - 2 weeks before the wedding. That was cutting it close, but now they are not sure when at all. I'm praying that if God wants it in the new building, then we will be in the new building. But, it's still hard for me.

I had a break down and have been under a cloud all day... I just want this day to be over. I want to hear some good news on all accounts. D will have a job, we have an apartment - or at least know where we'll live, that the church is ready. But, as my mom said "have faith that you will be taken care of"

So, I am trusting and having faith that God will bring us through it all. I know one day I will look back at this and laugh, or at least think to myself, "what was the problem, why was I so worried!?" But, right now, it's just a lot to take!

I wish I was home snuggled up in my bed with a good book, but... I am at work.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings. It's my therapy today :)

3 comments:

Anonymous

i can't imagine the stress you're going through, but i'm sending happy thoughts your way. and like you said, you're still marrying your prince charming, and everything will work out how it's suppose to! :)

LauraAnn

You have every right to be frustrated and stressed! That definitely had to be disheartening to hear. Hopefully all the construction is finished before your wedding, if not, hopefully all the interior construction that would be in your pictures is done! No matter what you will have a beautiful, happy wedding!

steph-a-ronie

I agree with these girls.

Everything will be glorious :) :) :)

... and I can't wait to celebrate with you!