Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Closer than You Think

I read this in my email DEVO earlier today and I just HAD to share...


Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.”

Matthew 14:27 (NKJV)


When the disciples saw Jesus in the middle of their stormy night, they called him a ghost. A phantom.... To them, the glow was anything but God.

When we see gentle lights on the horizon, we often have the same reaction. We dismiss occasional kindness as apparitions, accidents, or anomalies. Anything but God....


(now, THIS is my favorite part)

*And because we look for the bonfire, we miss the candle. Because we listen for the shout, we miss the whisper.*

But it is in burnished candles that God comes, and through whispered promises he speaks: "When you doubt, look around; I am closer than you think."


I aboslutely LOVED this... WE are looking for the BIG picture... But, God has been showing us little by little the big picture. But, since we're too consumed with looking for the "bonfire" (the big answer) we miss his "candles" and we try and listen for His loud "shout"... we miss his small "whispers"

May I never doubt God that I don't see or hear the little things He blesses me with...

Love you all! Have a GREAT Wednesday!

Brittney *Melton*

0 comments: